[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Pretty Nostalgic is more than a brand.
It is a movement and a way of life; it was founded out of a heart felt desire to share our passion and respect for the past combined with our growing concerns for the future.
From the beginning we have promoted hands-on, mindful, creative and sustainable living inspired by the lessons of the past, and our motto has been:
Spend Wisely: Waste Less: Appreciate More.
Our ancestors would have endorsed these ideals and we believe they are the key to a happy, fulfilling and planet friendly life.
We are not motivated by money but by our mission, which is obvious in everything we do.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”1852″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Our Pretty Nostalgic Mission
- To protect and preserve the personal and community histories of ordinary people (our intangible heritage), making them available through our publications both in print and digitally.
- To ensure our members have the resources and knowledge of traditional crafts and skills to allow them to build stronger communities and a better and more sustainable future.
- To act as national body of history volunteers, providing both practical hands-on and advisory help to all organisations and charities who aim to save or protect our national heritage.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Why we are special
- Our community of Nostalgianeer members are at the heart of everything we do!
- We have a genuine passion for the past, and we don’t just want to read and collect it, but we try to live history everyday in a creative and sustainable way, ensuring a happier future for us all.
- We actively support independent, family run and artisan shops and businesses and will not work with large corporate or multinational businesses, no matter how much money they offer us, as we strongly feel they are undermining our society, disempowering ordinary people and endangering the planet.
- We take enormous pride in the quality of the content and the design of all our publications, we love what we do and put all that we are into our work – our Nostalgianeers are our contributors and whilst we may not be professional writers, everything we do is done with love.
- We have our own fabulous Pretty Nostalgic Archive to use, collected over the past 20 years by our founder, Nicole Burnett, it is packed full of antique and vintage books, photographs and illustrations – because we own the copyright to all our content, we can afford to publish gloriously illustrated books without having to pay expensive licence fees.